Subject: Re: Debugger (question to Acid Software)
From: Martin Kift <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 1994 14:16:19 +0300

> we fixed most of the direct mode stuff in v1.08 (bum6) to be honest i've 
> never got out of the habit of ignoring the debugger completely, oh dear  

Yep, I have bum6 (blitz v1.8).

> yes a bit silly for the debugger to ad bug (a bugger indeed!) the unlk a4 
> thing as i said is the main problem I know of,  

Was I correct in just moving the unlnk a4 command to the end of the 
asm statements in my code (just before the return)? If so, then I 
suppose theres nothing more I can do. 8(

Is the debugger due for an overhaul in the near future? I cannot 
forsee myself carrying on with the language much further if as 
important tool as the debugger is not functioning at all.

> Yeh, I always swap the cars around to make it a little harder some of the 
> computers suit the monster camaro, you have to be a bit of a swizz to 
> beat them on the flat snow course in a porsche i think, wouldn't it be 
> nice to be able to play over the net? then we wouldn't need bloody 
> computer cars... 

Over the net would be fantastic. Unfortunately I seem to be rather 
good at SkidMarks, since I cannot find anybody who can beat me. This 
removes a lot of fun from the game, as you can imagine. (Any chance 
of a hd installable version in the future?)

> oh and as for a quick patch howabout cpu nocache in your startup sequence 
> or as an execute_ call?

I haven't tried turning my caches off to be honest, but while I could 
do that for my machine, I obviously cannot do that on other people's 
machines, they would kill me 8)

what do you mean by execute_ call? I don't have the blitz manuals in 
front of me now, so I can't look it up. What does it do?

Let me just add that, although I'm complaining a lot in these 
letters, its great to see Acid Software on internet at last. In fact, 
my previous two letters got responses from you within 10-15 minutes, 
hows that for service ! 8)

+---------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Martin Kift                     |   Software developer (C/C++/OWL/MFC)  |
| Email: [email-masked]   |   Procede Software Ltd., UK.          |
+---------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Formula One GrandPrix amiga internet champion for 1994.                 |
+---------------------------------+---------------------------------------+